This is an entry point for officers/board members to get access into the operation of Bloominglabs Incorporated. This should also contain links to all of our important legal documents as needed. The end goal is to keep Bloominglabs functioning heathly regardless of who the officers are.
- Bylaws - A living document of our legal bylaws.
- Meeting Minutes - Formal meeting minutes from all member meetings.
- Donations - How we process donations.
- Grants - Grants we have applied for
- Officer transition - A check-list to run down when transitioning a new officer into their new role
- CRM System - A rolodex of people we've worked with. If you need a contact for a group or need to find someone's number try this system, it is somewhat up to date.
- Administrative Task List
- IRS Compliance Guide for 501(c)(3) Public Charities - 30 pages, every officer should read this.
How officers do their jobs
This is a collection of descriptions and notes for how officers do their jobs. The intent is to provide some direction to new officers and to assist existing officers to cover for each other if needed.
- Dues Collection - How the officer in charge of collecting dues handles this duty
- Adding Members - The process we use to add new members
Yearly Dates to Remember
- Schedule Annual Meeting by January 31st (may take place after this date)
- Prepare Annual Report for prior year, present at the Annual Meeting
- Yearly by May 15th: Indiana form NP-20 (Annual Report/sales tax exemption renewal) http://www.in.gov/dor/3506.htm
- Yearly by May 15th: IRS form 990
- USPS PO box: Due yearly by July 31st
- Dotster bloominglabs.org domain name: Paid up through July 15th, 2017
- Dotster makevention.org domain name: Paid up through November, 2016
- S. Rogers lease started August 1st, 2014 and is for a 5 year period. Six months notice is required for either party to vacate the lease.
- Insurance: due yearly by mid-November
- Yearly by December 31st: File Indiana Business Entity Report - http://www.in.gov/ai/appfiles/sos-berf
- Every two years (not sure dates): File Property Taxes Form: Last filed 2015
- File:Bloominglabs IRS determination letter.pdf - Federal IRS Determination Letter - this verifies we are a charitable non-profit
- File:Bloominglabs-SalesTaxExemption.pdf - Indiana State Sales Tax Exemption
- File:Bloominglabs-1023.pdf - IRS 501c3 application, form 1023 (long form)
- File:Bloominglabs-Articles-of-Inc.pdf - Articles of Incorporation
- File:Bloominglabs-Certificate-of-Inc.pdf - Certificate of Incorporation
Member Oriented Operations
- Membership Manual - General membership guideline new and old members can use as a reference. Outlines what is expected and how to get involved.
- New Members - The new member guide that every new member gets emailed when they join, intent is to speed up how quickly new members can find resources available to them.
- Bloominglabs Log - This is a historical log of events that happened at Bloominglabs, including informal events and activities.
- PastEvents - This is where info from the front page retires to once it's out of date.