[Bloominglabs-announce] Upcoming events

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Wed Aug 18 03:05:57 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,
We will have our regular public meeting from 7pm to 9pm Wednesday
(8-18).

Also, don't forget about the soldering workshop on Thursday (8-19)
hosted by Mitch Altman and Jimmy Rogers. Additionally, Matt Mets of
Make Magazine will be there as well to blog about the event. There's
still some room left on the RSVP list, be sure to get in while there's
still time! (rsvp at bloominglabs.org). Mitch and Jimmy will have a
gaggle of electronics kits with them for your soldering pleasure, a
list is available on the front page of the Bloominglabs wiki.

I would like to ask that if you have a soldering iron to spare we
would be grateful to borrow it for Thursday. I think there's a
reasonable chance we could best last months attendance record.

Other things going on in and around Bloomington:
I thought I'd mention that Ignite3 is soliciting 5 minute talks and is
slated to happen September 10th at IU's Alumni Hall. This time Ignite
is part of a larger tech conference called The Combine which spans
several days here in town:
http://www.ignitebloomington.dreamhosters.com/2010/08/15/submit-your-proposal-3/
http://www.thecombine.org/

Lastly, there is a free Texas Instruments 430 microcontroller workshop
being held in Indianapolis on September 15th. They will be selling
several variations of this microcontroller line at discounted rates as
well (including the eZ430-Chronos watch platform):
http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/gencontent.tsp?contentId=68502&DCMP=Embedded_Series&HQS=Other+OT+embeddedseries

Thanks,
-Nathan
http://www.bloominglabs.org