[Bloominglabs-announce] 8 good sized 12V rechargable batteries available

Mark Krenz mark at suso.com
Fri Oct 29 08:58:38 EDT 2010

  Hello, I recently had to replace 2 large UPS battery packs because the
UPS told me too.  They most likely still work a bit and the packs could
be taken apart to get at the individual 12V batteries.  Basically, this
is what a pack looks like:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16842101230

  Each pack comes with 4 batteries inside so there are 8 total for 96V.
You could take apart the metal casing around and use the batteries
directly for a project or two. These are expensive batteries and I'm
giving them away to someone who will use them for something. I figure
that someone at Hackerspace is most likely to need them.

--
Mark S. Krenz
IT Director