[Bloominglabs-announce] Nerd Sites and some thoughts...

Garrett Galloway garrettg84 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 09:48:11 EDT 2011

Just curious what all nerd sites (electronics, hacking, etc.) you all
follow on a regular basis. Here are some of the ones I keep RSS feeds
or bookmarked and regularly checked:

Best (my opinion) source for robotics discussion on the net - there
are some extremely talented and intelligent people that help out on
these forums. I may also be partial as the site is owned by another
Dept of the Navy guy =)
http://www.societyofrobots.com/robotforum/

Huge repository of step by step instructions on how to do just about anything
http://www.instructables.com/

Excellent source for robotics projects and build logs
http://letsmakerobots.com

Best source for anything computer security related - current events,
new tools, etc.
http://isc.sans.edu/

Good reviews for new hacker tools
http://www.darknet.org.uk/

News Sites:
http://slashdot.org/
http://lifehacker.com/
http://defensetech.org/

Another site I'm following devoted to an open source robotics platform/lab
http://myrobotlab.org/

I hope all of you are doing well. I know I still haven't had the time
to join you guys officially, but I plan on doing so over the summer so
that my classes don't interfere with participation - Darn this second
job! I will be re-arranging my classes to Tues/Thurs instead of
Tues/Weds for next fall if I'm still teaching - instead of schooling,
goooo masters degree!!

Are you all still keeping meeting minutes for your current meetings? I
see there is a section on the wiki for it, but I haven't seen an
update for a while. Since I can't participate at the moment, this is
my only link =( I keep a virtual private server at linode.com with
200gbyte of transfer a month. If you guys were to post video of the
meetings or anything I could easily host it for you if that were a
concern. I can also host other files if you all want!

Garrett Galloway
(850)345-0037
garrettg84 at gmail.com