[Bloominglabs-announce] boo to Provo Craft makers of Cricut line of cutters

Randall Embry rpembry at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 14:16:09 EST 2011

I thought I had researched this product pretty carefully, but missed
the news that the manufacturer has been suing 3rd party software
developers who unlock the general utility of being able to cut
arbitrary SVG shapes. Instead Provo Craft is unscrupulously limiting
purchasers to the outdated model where they sell overpriced
proprietary font and image cartridges.

So, I'm returning my unopened Cricut Expression and instead purchasing
a similarly priced Cameo Silhouette. A Google search easily finds a
boycott Provo Craft Facebook page, and if you read the Amazon.com
comments on the reviews, you'll see additional evidence of their
greedy ignorance.

--Randall