[Bloominglabs-announce] Open House

Jenett Tillotson jtillots at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:34:53 EDT 2011

I've been thinking about food for the open house, and I'm hoping we all just
bring something to eat and drink to share. We have plenty of beer in the
fridge, but could use some non-alcoholic beverages. I know dosman is going
to be grilling up some hotdogs out back and I'll be bringing some fruit. If
you aren't sure what to bring, chips and cookies (or similar sealed up
things) would be fine. But please don't feel obligated.

We built and tested the water rockets last night. They work great! I'm
hoping we make it greater by having kids make their own rockets. But to do
that we need more 2-litre bottles. So if you can bring in some 2-litre
bottles, I'd appreciate it. Coke and 7-up (and other bottles with the same
sized opening) work best, but I'll take whatchya got. Please make sure they
are rinsed out. We have a member who did this in Science Olympiads and he
might even bring in *his* rocket. Sweet!

I've put up the things that I'm going to do for the open house on the wiki
at:

http://www.bloominglabs.org/index.php/OpenHouse

Members, feel free to add to this. If you like any of my ideas and want to
steal them, I'm fine with that too.

If you need an account, drop a note to contact at bloominglabs.org.

Jenett