[Bloominglabs-announce] Celebrate Science *this* Saturday at the Indy Fairgrounds

Jenett Tillotson jtillots at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 21:18:04 EDT 2011

I've sent this out last week, but I'm sending it again. Hopefully some of
the Bloominglabs members (and interested others!) can help out with this
great event!

This Saturday, Oct 8, is the Celebrate Science event at the South Pavilion
of the Indianapolis Fairgrounds. It's an event to get kids (and adults)
excited about science and giving them ideas for doing science at home. You
can find out more about this event at
http://www.celebratescienceindiana.org/.

My group at IU, the Pervasive Technology Institute, has a booth and we'll be
doing:

light bending with water and acrylic tubes (to show how optical networks
work)
password cracking with a simple "home built" computer cluster
programming lego mindstorm robots
scratch programming

The event is from 8am to 5pm and we are looking for people to come and help
us out in the booth. Even if you can just come for an hour (or two!) that
would be great.

If you can help out, please drop Kurt Seiffert a note at
seiffert at iu.edu(and CC me if you would) and give us an idea of when
you can be there. And
if you come, feel free to wear a Bloominglabs shirt and do a little
advertising for our hackerspace.

Thanks in advance,

Jenett