[Bloominglabs-announce] Make Food N̶o̶t̶ War: Bloominglabs Call-out
bradluyster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 12:26:08 EDT 2012
Bloominglabs, I'm calling you out AGAIN, this time for a more different
exciting hackathon. http://lvl1makefoodnotwar2012.eventbrite.com
This October, from Saturday the 20th to Sunday the 21st, pit your building
skills against 9 other teams attempting to assemble the finest
food-flinging machines in the world.
Your challenge is to build a machine in 24 hours (or less) that can fling
the tastiest foodstuff the longest distance with the most style. Teams can
bring in any supplies they want (up to $150 worth-- We will be asking for
receipts at the door!), but you can't put anything together until the start
of the competition. From then on out, it's a free-for-all to build your
contraption using the supplies you've brought in alongside the supplies at
the LVL1 hackerspace.
As with last time, buy only one ticket per team! One ticket gets your
entire team in the door! Try to think of a team name before you show up!
At the end of the competition, teams will judge eachother in the following
- Taste: How delicious is it, after being flung?
- Distance: How far did you fling it?
- Ingenuity: How well-built was your flinger? How crazy?
- Appearance: Is your food recognizable on the other end?
Scores in each category will be averaged, and the top three teams will
receive their assorted glory.
- $150 budget, not counting parts from the boneyard at LVL1
- Must be built in 24 hours (nothing preassembled!)
- Team size is unlimited (in either direction), but 3-6 is recommended
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at BradLuyster at gmail.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bloominglabs-announce