[Bloominglabs-announce] Idea for the 4th Street pedestrian bridge

Jenett Tillotson jtillots at cogbots.com
Wed Apr 17 22:34:17 EDT 2013

After talking it over with several people, it seems like the most popular
idea is to decorate the bridge with some kind of lights and/or sounds that
are activated when people walk through the tunnel - kinda like the Indy
Airport pedestrian walkway. What do people think of this idea? It would
take a bit longer to implement, but if we took our time and designed it
well, it could be something that lasts in the walkway for a long time. We
could just use IR detectors to sense when someone walks by. We could then
play a note using the same system used for the IR harp project. There are
lights in the bridge that we could tie into for electricity. The bridge
also has a drop ceiling which would make installing our own lights for this
project fairly easy.

So, what do people think of this idea? Is it worth doing? Do people want to
take on a longer project like this?

Jenett