[Bloominglabs-announce] Amateur radio field day this weekend

Corey Shields cshields at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 12:31:02 EDT 2013

Although not a Bloominglabs activity, I figured some of you might
appreciate the invitation to geek out this weekend:

"Field Day" is an annual event where about 35,000 amateur radio operators
head outside to build portable stations and attempt to make as many
contacts as they can through a 27 hour period.  There will be multiple HF
stations setup for cross-country and global contacts, as well as some
attempts at satellite contacts (which are difficult on field day given the
heavy demand).  At our location there will be a dedicated "get on the air"
station reserved for visitors and field day first-timers.  Even if you do
not have a license we will get you on the air and help you make some
contacts.

The official start of the operating event is 2pm Saturday (tomorrow) and
runs till 5pm Sunday though we will be around earlier in the day setting
up.   There should also be an amateur radio testing session at 1pm Saturday
if you have been thinking of getting a license.

The location is Flatwoods Park which is west of Elletsville. Map link below.

Hope to see some of you there!  I should be around all weekend, just find
someone in the shelter and ask for me.

-Corey  KB9JHU

https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!q=flatwoods+park+ellettsville%2C+in&data=!1m4!1m3!1d3778!2d-86.676292!3d39.24947!4m11!1m10!4m8!1m3!1d49490!2d-86.531846!3d39.1712129!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!17b1

--