[Bloominglabs-announce] INVITE to free event "Critical Playshop - Perception"

Austin Toombs altoombs at umail.iu.edu
Wed Apr 2 18:59:21 EDT 2014

Bloominglabs (bloominglabs.org), the Cultural Research in Technology (CRIT)
research group (http://crit.soic.indiana.edu/), and Intel's ISTC-Social
Computing program (http://socialcomputing.uci.edu/) are teaming up together
to put on a *Critical Playshop*, and all are invited to play along but
there are limited spots so make sure you sign up quickly!

We will provide a prompt at the start of the playshop, and you will hack
together a project (alone or in a group) that reacts to it. The prompt will
focus on ideas about surveillance and anxiety through modern and future

*Cost: Free!*

*Where*: Bloominglabs

*Dates*: April 12th and 13th, from 1pm to 5pm (but you don't have to show
up to both days if you can't)

*Who can Participate?*: Anyone over age 18. We are looking for tech-savvy
people and non-tech-savvy people.

*Sign up here*:

*More information on the Bloominglabs Wiki*:

If you have any questions, feel free to reply to this email, or write back
to me at altoombs at indiana.edu.

See you there!