[Bloominglabs-announce] Bloominglabs move - tools and volunteers needed

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Wed Jul 16 23:26:04 EDT 2014

Greetings,

As we recently announced, Bloominglabs is moving to an awesome location closer to town. This coming weekend we could use some assistance from anyone who wants to help.

Saturday, July 19th:
First up, we need to build a dividing wall and do some electrical work at our new location before moving in. We are hoping to get building permits in place by Saturday. Assuming this works out as planned, this Saturday starting at 10am we will start work at the new location. Please feel free to stop by if you are handy with carpentry or electrical work and have some time to help out (new address is on our website).

Additionally, we really need some additional tools for this weekend. If anyone can loan any of these to us we would greatly appreciate it:

Hammer drills - as many as we can borrow beg or steal for the weekend
Nail gun - at least one, we have enough air compressors to use 2 at once though

Other tools:
Masonry drill bits
Levels
Drywall compound/mud
Wood shims
Cable protection plates (required for code to protect AC wiring running through studs)
Drywall screws
16 penny nails

We are planning to buy building materials, but if anyone has any of these for cheaper than cost or could donate let us know (we can issue tax-deductible receipts):
14' studs
8'x4' drywall

Thanks!
-Nathan