[Bloominglabs-announce] Fwd: FW: Calling All Makers! Celebrate the Day of Making.
jtillots at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:06:41 EDT 2014
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Web Version <http://newsletter.makezine.com/t/r-e-xkjdjhl-l-r/> | Update
[image: Facebook icon]
[image: Twitter icon] <http://newsletter.makezine.com/t/r-tw-xkjdjhl-l-d/>
[image: Forward icon]
Celebrate the Maker Movement!
On June 18, 2014, a special-edition Maker Faire will take place at the
White House where the nation will join together to celebrate a Day of
Making. During the White House Maker Faire, select makers will show off
their projects and talk with the President about making and it's impact on
Making a difference:
As the White House prepares to hold its first-ever Maker Faire, we are
committed to working with others in our community and with institutions to
advance one or more of the following goals to promote Making, including:
- To foster a local community of makers who participate in events,
workshops, and outreach to grow a vibrant local maker community that is
open and inclusive.
- To create and sustain makerspaces that serve all youth in our
community. We recognize the need for makerspaces in schools, libraries,
museums and other community-serving organizations.
- To provide mentorship and support for students to develop projects
that support the engaging, hands-on learning in the classroom and outside
- To help organize school-based Maker Faires that showcase student
projects for the local community;
- To provide mentorship and support for makers who are starting new
businesses or expanding existing businesses;
- To recognize and celebrate makers as well as the contributions of
those who organize the local maker community.
- To participate in local and regional efforts to create a productive
Maker ecosystem that involves companies, investors, skilled volunteers,
state and local officials, libraries, museums, schools, after-school
programs, labor unions, and community-based organizations.
*Dale Dougherty asks you to join him and sign the "Building Maker
Communities" pledge! <http://newsletter.makezine.com/t/r-l-xkjdjhl-l-s/>*
*Get Zero to Maker for free!*
To celebrate your participation in the Day of Making, you'll receive a free
PDF download of David Lang’s book, *Zero to Maker*
<http://newsletter.makezine.com/t/r-l-xkjdjhl-l-g/> and an electronic badge
to put on your social media pages after you sign the pledge.
More ways to get involved:
*In conjunction with the White House Maker Faire, June 18th is also being
celebrated as a Day of Making.*
Here are ways to participate:
- Celebrate the Day of Making by making something and sharing a photo on
Twitter using the hashtag #nationofmakers
- Hold an open house at your local Makerspace
- Volunteer to mentor someone in making
- Plan to join us for Maker Camp
<http://newsletter.makezine.com/t/r-l-xkjdjhl-l-w/> this summer
- Follow the Day of Making action
*You can find and follow the White House Maker Faire coverage and learn
about the makers who are participating here
You're receiving this because you are a supporter of the maker movement.
Edit your subscription
1005 Gravenstein Hwy North
Sebastopol, CA 95472
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bloominglabs-announce