[Bloominglabs-announce] Indiana Oxygen sponsorship, and other news

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Thu Feb 19 19:22:25 EST 2015

Greetings,

I’m very happy to announce that we now have a sponsorship from Indiana Oxygen! They are making an initial donation of a large welding curtain. Additionally, we have an account with them so we can get welding supplies at discounted rates. A huge thanks to Indiana Oxygen!

And for those that haven’t been by Bloominglabs in a while, we now have an awesome Miller MIG (wire-feed) welder, a plasma cutter, and a high power exhaust vent for our welding table (thanks Neal!!). This complements the very nice Eastwood TIG welder, oxy-acetylene rig, arc welder, and smaller wire-feed welders we’ve had at Bloominglabs for some time now.

We recently setup a radio desk in the space. There is a 2 meter ham radio setup for use by licensed hams and a scanner anyone is welcome to use. We have a dual-band 2m/70cm ham antenna mounted 30’ above ground level, and another omnidirectional antenna mounted outdoors for the scanner. We have a couple other fun radio projects on the horizon too.

Our workshop series has been action packed this winter, more details on upcoming events here:
http://bloominglabs.org/images/7/70/Bloominglabs-workshops-2015.png

Last but not least, we are doing more build-out activities this weekend as announced earlier this week. We received a donation over the summer which allows us to further sub-divide our office area into more rooms. Building party will begin this Saturday (2-21) at 10am for anyone interested in helping out.

Thanks!
-Nathan