[Bloominglabs-announce] Fabric Origami workshop!

Sophia Bender sobender at umail.iu.edu
Mon Jun 26 19:15:51 EDT 2017

Hi there, Bloominglabs!

This is Sophia, the Learning Sciences grad student who has occasionally
stopped by Bloominglabs for help with my cosplays and sewing machines! I've
also helped run the Creativity Labs' e-textile table at Makevention every
year. We love the maker spirit you've brought to the Bloomington community!
:)

My colleague Anna (akeune at indiana.edu) is exploring the mathematical and
computational potential of what we call "fabric origami:" folding,
pleating, tugging, etc. of fabric. This Friday from 1-5pm in Eigenmann Rm
521, she hopes to gather a group of mathematicians and computer scientists
to explore this craft with her. You are all invited! Please see the
attached flyer and RSVP to Anna (not me, please, as I'll be leaving the
country in a few days).

Thank you all, and we hope to see some of you there!
-Sophia and Anna

--
Sophia Bender
Graduate Research Assistant