[Bloominglabs-announce] Indy Maker Faire: REQUEST FOR MAKERS

Carina Eizmendi Eizmendi at connerprairie.org
Mon Jun 20 17:10:22 EDT 2011

Hello,

We're writing to you because as Makers interested in promoting creativity, science, and innovation we think you might want to exhibit (for free) at the Indy Mini Maker Faire.

This is a chance for you to show off what you've done (or are in the process of doing), promote your hackerspace, and talk to thousands of interested people.  It's free to exhibit and do giveaways, and the vendor's fee is only $100.  If you want to do a workshop but have to charge to pay for materials, let us know and we'll see what we can do.

We're interested in projects in process as well as completed ones.

The first Indy Mini Maker Faire is Sept. 17-18, 2011, at Conner Prairie Interactive History Park during their annual Country Fair.  You and anyone traveling with you to the Faire as an exhibitor will get free admission to the Indy Mini Maker Faire while you exhibit.  Last year Country Fair had about 8,000 visitors, so we're hoping for a lot of exposure!

You can find out more details and apply at our website: http://makerfaireindy.org<http://makerfaireindy.org/>   We ask for a commitment deposit (only kept if you're accepted and don't show), but we know funds are tight for a lot of you so drop us a line if you need to work something out.

We've extended the deadline past June 30, 2011, but spaces are limited so please apply soon!

Even if you can't make it, we'd really appreciate you forwarding this e-mail to anyone you think might be interested in exhibiting.  We're especially interested in: hands-on activities, robots, Green Tech, whimsical technical creations, Steampunk, musicians, student projects, and science and technology education.

Questions?  Contact us at makerfaire at connerprairie.org<mailto:makerfaire at connerprairie.org>

Thanks, and we hope you can come,
The Indy Mini Maker Faire Crew

Carina Eizmendi

Experience Developer

13400 Allisonville Rd.

Fishers, IN 46038
317.776.6000 ext. 227

fax: 317.776.6014

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CC2F6B.9F265F40]<http://www.connerprairie.org/>

email at connerprairie.org   l   connerprairie.org

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CC2F6B.9F265F40]<http://www.facebook.com/ConnerPrairie>  [cid:image003.jpg at 01CC2F6B.9F265F40] <http://www.twitter.com/ConnerPrairie>   [cid:image004.jpg at 01CC2F6B.9F265F40] <http://www.connerprairie.org/Connect/Staff/Blog.aspx>   [cid:image005.jpg at 01CC2F6B.9F265F40] <http://www.foursquare.com/venue/211053>