[Bloominglabs-announce] Hello! Anybody interested in CNC or need some parts made?

Samuel Cranford scranfor at indiana.edu
Fri Jan 6 22:28:23 EST 2012

Hi all,

My name's Sam, I met a few of you at this week's meeting.

Anyway, I've built a fairly sizable CNC router (40" x 20" cutting area) and
now I don't have any idea what to do with it. Does anyone have any ideas
for projects, or do you need some parts cut for a project of your own? I
was thinking a hexapod-type robot would be cool, but I've run out of money
for things like servos!

Here's a small gallery where you can see what it looks like -
http://imgur.com/a/y0O3L#0

It can cut both wood and aluminum. I haven't tried any plastics yet, but I
might not have appropriate spindle speeds to produce decent cuts (for now).
I have a sheet of acrylic which I intend to eventually experiment with.

If anybody has a project idea you want to work on, or you just need a few
parts for your own project, let me know. I wouldn't ask for anything except
the material you'd want to cut and maybe any cutting bits which would be
necessary for the part.

Thanks,

-Sam