[Bloominglabs-announce] Parts for the Wonderlab squishy circuits kits

Jenett Tillotson jtillots at cogbots.com
Fri May 24 11:44:38 EDT 2013

So, I've been trying to source parts for the squishy circuits events at
Wonderlab. I would like to mimic what's in these kits:

http://squishycircuitsstore.com/kits.html

They need 10 of these, so $250 is a bit much and I'm trying to make them
cheaper.

However, the specifics of the kit are not available.

So, I'm trying to figure out what's going on. They are using a 4AA battery
pack for a total of 6 volts. I also like battery packs where the leads snap
on with a 9V connector. The squishy circuit stuff all says that you can
also use a 9volt battery instead.

As for the other components, they are a bunch of 10mm LEDs, a motor, and a
buzzer. I expect all these parts are 3V parts. Does that seem right? Will
the playdough be of such high resistance that the voltage is affected? How
does that work?

I'm hoping to come up with something soon for Wonderlab to buy. If anyone
has advice, please send it along.

Thanks!

Jenett