[Bloominglabs-announce] Sunverge Donation Announcement

Jenett Tillotson jtillots at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:22:01 EDT 2015

If you haven't heard yet, Bloominglabs received $80K worth of embedded
computers from Sunverge Energy. It was the result of being in the right
place at the right time. The computers are Logic Supply AG150s, and they
come with SSD drives and WiFi, but no antennas or power supplies.

Please help us disseminate this information. Thanks! And come by the space
some time and check them out. We'd love to hear what projects you'd use
them for.

Jenett

*Sunverge Donates Equipment to Bloomington Makerspace Bloominglabs*

Sunverge Energy, Inc., the leading provider of smart energy storage
systems, has donated more than $80,000 in equipment to the
Bloomington-based nonprofitBloominglabs <http://bloominglabs.org/>, the
first makerspace founded in Indiana.

The donated Sunverge embedded computers will be used in Bloominglabs’
community partnership programs, which provide learning and maker activities
to community groups including Bloomington-based children’s museumWonderLab
<http://www.wonderlab.org/>and the Monroe County Public Library (MCPL). At
the library, Bloominglabs hosts a monthly Hack Night where the public is
allowed to drop in and work with computer and electronic equipment provided
by the library while Bloominglabs members provide expertise and guidance.

The Sunverge equipment will be used to create nodes in a peer-to-peer
alternative internet called MeshNet (https://projectmeshnet.org/), a new
security system designed by Bloominglabs members, and a host of other
educational and creative projects.

If your makerspace or hackerspace is interested in learning more about the
Sunverge donation, please contact Bloominglabs atcontact at bloominglabs.org.
It's great! I'll send this out to our members to disseminate.

Jenett